- Main event
- Masunosuke Uchida started the business of trading used jute bags.
- Masuzo Uchida opened “Uchida Masuzo Shoten.”
- Masuzo Uchida established Nihon Matai Co., Ltd.
- Started sales of jute bags and jute products.
- Started wholesale business of rice, flour, foodstuffs, etc.
- Started production and sales of kraft paper bags.
- Acquired Bushu Seitai Co., Ltd. and started production focused on packaging products and containers.
- Changed company name to Nihon Matai Co., Ltd. written in katakana.
- Listed on the Second Section of the Tokyo Stock Exchange.
- Started production of polyethylene heavy duty bags.
- Opened Hyogo Plant.
- Purchased Akutagawa Plant from Dainippon Cellophane Co., Ltd. and turned it into the Osaka Plant.
- Constructed Gunma Plant.
Listed on the First Section of the Tokyo Stock Exchange.
Constructed the Adachi Rice Milling Plant.
- Upgraded Osaka Sales Office to Osaka Branch.
- Relocated Saitama Plant to Kukishobu Industrial Park.
- Relocated Osaka Plant to Furutaka Industrial Park and renamed it the Shiga Plant.
- Established Kanto Shiko Co., Ltd. (currently, Matai Shiko Co., Ltd.).
- Established Matai Tohoku Co., Ltd.
- New headquarters building completed.
Acquired Tohoku Asahi Danboru Co., Ltd.
- Constructed Ichikawa Matai Mansion and Shobu Matai Mansion.
- Established Matai Flexible Container Bag Co., Ltd. (currently, MATAI (VIETNAM) Co., Ltd.).
Relocated Adachi Rice Milling Plant to Kawaguchi City and renamed it the Tokyo Plant.
- Acquired Tachikawa Danboru Kogyo Co., Ltd.
- Received ISO 9001 certification.
- Received ISO 14001 certification.
- Spun off foodstuffs business, taken over by Shinmei Matai Co., Ltd.
- Established joint venture companies, Jiangsu Zhongjin Matai Medicinal Packaging Co., Ltd. and two affiliated companies in China.
- Changed “Wholesale Business” of Nihon Matai on the Tokyo Stock Exchange to “Chemicals.”
- Spun off corrugated cardboard business, taken over by Matai Shiko Co., Ltd.
- Became Rengo’s wholly owned subsidiary.
Delisted from the First Section of the Tokyo Stock Exchange.
- Absorbed and merged with Nikko Resin Co., Ltd.
- Merged with Morishita Co., Ltd.
- The Company acquires Sanyo Kakoshi Co., Ltd. and Obanazawa Nishiki Co., Ltd.